‘Earn While You Learn’ is a graduate program that allows you to gain professional work experience and skills while earning money.
Have you started planning for your career after graduation? Many graduates are unsure what sort of work they should be applying for. With no professional work experience, they sometimes find it challenging to secure an opportunity to transition into an office-based work environment. That’s why we have introduced the ‘Earn While You Learn’ program aimed at recent or ‘soon to be’ Brisbane-based graduates who would like to kickstart their careers and greatly enhance their resumes while being paid.
About ConsultANZ Recruitment
ConsultANZ is a family-owned, award-winning recruitment agency based in Salisbury, South Brisbane. We recruit civil engineers, construction professionals and surveyors for major infrastructure projects across Australia and New Zealand. Over the last ten years, ConsultANZ has built a reputation for delivering first-class results for our Clients.
We are now accepting applications for Talent Scout roles
As part of the ‘Earn While You Learn’ program, we are hiring recent graduates to work as Talent Scouts. As a Talent Scout you will be supporting the agency with identifying suitable candidates for our clients. You will have access to multiple tools to help you with your search, including job platforms such as SEEK, Indeed and Adzuna, a LinkedIn Recruiter Licence, social media and our CRM database.
As this is an entry-level graduate role, you will receive extensive and on-going training, support and mentoring from our leadership team, among other benefits (see below). This position will suit graduates who are friendly and outgoing, and don’t mind being on the phone.
Talent Scout – Job description
Talent Scouts find suitable talent for current and future job openings. They are responsible for:
- researching the job market;
- writing and posting job adverts on various job boards (SEEK, Indeed), the company website and social media channels (LinkedIn);
- identifying potential candidates (through job applications as well as LinkedIn Search);
- engaging with potential candidates via phone, email, and social media platforms;
- providing first-hand information about the job opening so potential candidates can assess if the job and the employer would be a good match;
- conducting initial interviews with potential candidates (current and past employment history, education and skills, location, references, etc.);
- negotiating contracts and agreements with candidates;
- arranging client/candidate meetings;
- developing recruitment networks and maintaining relationships with past and potential candidates.
- documenting processes and updating the recruitment database (CRM).
- Keeping up-to-date with industry news and trends.
Talent Scout Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, marketing, communications, psychology, business or similar;
- No recruitment experience is necessary!
- Valid driver’s license and own transport;
- Good computer skills (Word, Outlook, Excel);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Willingness to follow the process;
- A good eye for detail;
- Strong time management skills and an ability to remain organised and focused;
We hire for attitude, and train for skill
Our focus lies on your personality. If you have a hunger for success, are resilient, have a high level of emotional intelligence and are open to being coached, we can teach you skills. We believe that your attitude, not your skills, is the top predictor of your success.
What we will offer you:
- A starting salary of $50,000 + Super (based on full-time hours, per annum);
- Working hours (Monday to Thursday 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm, Fridays 8am-4pm);
- A training & development program that will give you the foundations to pursue any professional career;
- One-on-one mentoring from our Founder and Managing Director;
- Technical and soft skills that will last you a lifetime;
- Unrestricted access to our leadership team;
- Systems and processes that are ahead of industry standards;
- Networking opportunities within Australia’s and New Zealand’s Construction and Engineering sectors;
- Working for a brand that has a huge social media following and is the Winner of LinkedIn’s 2021 Talent Awards;
- Opportunities to progress into a 360 Recruiter role;
- A friendly, inclusive and respectful work environment;
- A trendy, modern, open office in Salisbury, South Brisbane (free parking on-site);
- Regular team activities such as our weekly walk through adjacent Toohey Forest, ping-pong games, badminton Wednesdays, team lunches, Christmas parties, etc.
- A paid day-off on your birthday;
What other Graduates say about the program:
Brayden Mulkearns, Griffith University Graduate 2021 – Talent Scout (July 2021-December 2021)
“ConsultANZ’s main selling points are Peter’s (Managing Director) supportive and patient nature. He has done a lot to invest in all of us and has a grounded perspective on realistic expectations and how to get the best out of each individual. The friendly team. Our colleagues all get along well together and are quick to collaborate and help out in projects. Peter also regularly facilitates casual team activities either inside or outside of the office which has been great for developing friendships.”
Zander Roubicek, The University of Queensland Graduate 2019 – Talent Scout (Feb 2021-Sept 2021), Resourcing Team Leader (Sept 2021 – Present)
- Perfect job for a recent graduate to kickstart their career;
- No experience in recruitment necessary;
- Extensive training and support provided from day one;
- Realistic opportunities to develop your skillset and further your career progression within the business;
- Reduced working hours on Friday;
- Laptop and phone provided;
- Weekly group activities outside the office (badminton);
Laura Hobdell, Griffith University Graduate 2021 – Talent Scout since August 2021
“My key selling points for working at ConsultANZ are a close-knit team with regular team activities, high-quality training and support from other staff, ping pong table for staff to use, suburban location with heaps of parking available, flexible working hours – start/finish at flexible hours.”
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for the ‘Earn While You Learn’ graduate program, send your CV to our Talent Acquisition Manager Anna Laver at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only Graduates with working rights in Australia will be considered.