Sponsorship Option for Civil Engineers

Approved Sponsor

As one of the very few companies in Australia, ConsultANZ has received an On-hire labour Licence which allows us to directly sponsor overseas candidates into the Australian civil engineering and construction industry.

As an Approved Sponsor, under the temporary skill shortage visa subclass 482 (TSS visa), we may nominate a person with the required qualifications and experience if their occupation is on the list of eligible skilled occupations. If you are a skilled Professional and are looking to work in Australia temporarily, you may be eligible for the TSS visa.

What is a TSS Visa subclass 482

The 482 visa is a temporary residence visa which allows businesses to sponsor overseas workers to Australia to undertake work for a period of either up to two or four years depending on the type of work they will be performing. For a full list of eligible skilled occupations, visit the Department of Home Affairs page here.

What condition do I have to meet to be eligible for the TSS 482 visa?

You must:

  • be nominated to work in a specified occupation under the terms of a Labour Agreement
  • have at least 2 years relevant work experience in your nominated occupation or a related field
  • have a relevant skills assessment if this is required for your occupation
  • work only for your sponsor
  • meet minimum standards of English language proficiency unless you are exempt from needing to show this

For ConsultANZ to sponsor an offshore Candidate, the following conditions must be met:

  • ConsultANZ must have a Client that agrees to engage a suitably experienced and qualified Candidate from overseas 
  • Employment and Supply Contracts must be in place with both the Candidate and client before the Nomination and Visa applications can be submitted.
  • The overseas Applicant must be on the list of eligible skilled occupations.
  • Labour Market Testing (currently 28 days) must be completed by ConsultANZ to prove there is not a locally based candidate that can be used in the role.
  • Certain information must be collected from the overseas candidate for the application which includes qualifications, passports and birth certificates, police checks, medicals.

What can I do with this visa?

You can:

  • work up to a maximum of 4 years for your sponsor, depending on the terms in the labour agreement.
  • study (you won’t receive government assistance)
  • travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid

Can I stay longer in Australia?

If your visa is expiring and you want to stay in Australia to work for your existing employer:

  • your employer will need to submit a new nomination
  • you must apply for a new visa

What costs are involved in getting a TSS 482 visa?

The process involves up-front costs such as: nomination of occupation, visa Application (including medical costs) and relocation costs (not applicable if already in Australia). The costs are generally split between ConsultANZ and the candidate, however most of the costs are borne by ConsultANZ.

Can I bring my family over?

You can bring immediate dependents family members such as your spouse and dependent children, but this will incur extra visa processing costs on top of the primary applicant costs.

How long does it take to get the TSS 482 visa?

Candidate Information collection – 4 to 6 weeks – including medicals, police checks, passport renewals

Nomination of Occupation and visa – 4 to 6 weeks

Relocation – 1 week

How quickly can I start work when I arrive in Australia?

You must begin your employment within 90 days of entry to Australia.

What information do you need to collect from me?

Certain information must be collected for the application which includes: qualifications, passports and birth certificates, police checks, medicals (where necessary), employment statements and references.

Who will be my employer and what contract will I be entering?

The sponsored candidate will be employed by ConsultANZ under a full-time permanent employment contract and will be subject to the same employment conditions/law as an Australian Citizen would be.

What happens if I wish to break the contract?

In order to protect ConsultANZ’s interests, if you agree to partake and are successful in getting a visa, you will be asked to sign a bond on the outlay that ConsultANZ has spent. i.e. that means if you leave before an agreed period, you will be asked to pay back either all or a portion of the costs that have been funded by CANZ at the outset of the process.



ConsultANZ can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work.

ConsultANZ must have a Client willing to engage a suitably experienced and qualified Candidate from overseas before a TSS visa application is submitted. 

Should you not hear from us within two (2) weeks of your application, please accept that your application was unfortunately unsuccessful.