Finalists for the 2023 Women In Industry Awards have been announced, with 62 women shortlisted as finalists across ten different categories.
The Women in Industry Awards is a national event held every year to support outstanding women driving change and breaking down barriers in traditionally male-dominated sectors.
The Women in Industry Awards recognise outstanding women across a range of industrial sectors. This includes those who work in mining, transport, manufacturing, engineering, logistics, bulk handling, waste management, rail and construction and infrastructure.
A record of 158 nominations were received this year across 10 different categories, with 62 women shortlisted as finalists for the 2023 Women in Industry Awards.
Final winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner on Thursday 8th June 2023 at Aerial Events in Melbourne, Victoria.
Business Development Success of the Year
The Business Development Success of the Year recognises an individual who has created new growth opportunities that have allowed their organisation to expand and generate greater revenue.
- Kacey Finlayson – Get Real Workwear & Safety
- Kelly McGinty – Powerhouse Logistics Pty Ltd
- Lucinda Adams – Weir Minerals Australia
- Navine Smith – Laminex Australia
- Sandra Robinson – Kennards Hire
- Stefanie Frawley – TMX Global
Excellence in Construction – Proudly sponsored by National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC)
This award recognises an individual who has made a positive contribution to one of the many facets of the construction industry.
- Aimee Najdovski – Acciona Australia
- Bek Bishop – Elite Building Services (Vic) Pty Ltd
- Jenana Roper – Schneider Electric
- Sonja Landon – Sedgman Pty Ltd
- Tara Matkovich – SMEC
- Trudy Grimshaw – Department of Finance, WA
Excellence in Engineering – Proudly sponsored by SEW-EURODRIVE
The Excellence in Engineering award recognises an individual who has shown leadership in engineering, technological excellence and innovation.
- Elika Karbassi – Liberty Industrial
- Elsa Antunes – James Cook University
- Helen Baxter-Crawford – SMEC
- Jennifer Courmont – Downer
- Jennifer Del Mastro – Airservices Australia
- Nicola Taylor – BOC
Excellence in Manufacturing – Proudly sponsored by PACCAR Australia
The Excellence in Manufacturing award recognises an individual who has thought ‘outside the box’ to implement an outstanding personal contribution to their manufacturing business and the wider manufacturing community.
- Brenda Denbesten – Dulux Group
- Kristi Riordan – Harvest B
- Kym O’Leary – COgear
- Naomi Elliott – Concept Laboratories
- Rebecca Vella – Laminex Australia
- Shari Lyon – Fluxwood Lighting
Excellence in Mining – Proudly sponsored by Weir Minerals
This award recognises an individual who has made a positive contribution to one of the many facets of the mining industry.
- Amy Chetcuti – Downright Diesel
- Ashara Moore – BHP
- Georgia Wilson – Redpath
- Lisa Jane Hults – Hanson Construction Materials Pty Ltd
- Tyler Mahoney – Prospectors Club
Excellence in Transport
The Excellence in Transport awards recognises an individual who has gone above and beyond to improve and positively impact the Australian transport industry.
- Amanda Bradfield – EES Shipping Pty Ltd
- Ann Lopez – Lopez Brothers Transport
- Caddie Green – Metro Trains Melbourne
- Coralie Chapman – Humes Concrete Products
- Jenny Lancaster – Aurecon
- Leonnie Carter – Carter Heavy Haulage & Transport
Industry Advocacy Award
This award recognises an individual who has helped shape a positive view of their industry and/or helped to create a policy change that benefits those working in the sector.
- Alanna Ball – Women in Safety
- Alexandra Nagy – SHAPE Australia
- Jemma Walshe – Fulton Hogan
- Radmila Desic AM – Queensland Government Department of Communities, Housing, Digital Economy
- Ros Dent – BINGO Industries
- Ros Milverton – Seaway Intermodal
- Sandra Lau – Viva Energy Australia
Mentor of the Year
This award recognises an individual who has demonstrated a commitment to developing female talent within their organisation or wider industry.
- Alison Cusack – Cusack & Co
- Caoilin Chestnutt – BHP
- Julie Truss – Weir Minerals Australia
- Louise Azzopardi – Louise Azzopardi Training and Development Solutions Pty Ltd
- Renny Chivunga – Aurecon
- Shiloh Ainuu – BINGO Industries
- Teagan Dowler – The BCW
Rising Star of the Year – Proudly sponsored by Atlas Copco
This award recognises an individual who has shown significant promise within their chosen industry or who has reached new goals at the start of their career.
- Ambrin Begum – M-Power Software Pty Ltd
- Aya Salih – Bajwa EnviroConsult
- Felicity Waldmann – Kolsen (Espec Pty Ltd)
- Maddie Greenwood – SHAPE Australia
- Miranda Swift – Northrop Consulting Engineers
- Sophia Kurianski – Jinolo
- Sunny Kalidas – Donald Cant Watts Corke
Safety Advocacy Award – Proudly sponsored by Komatsu
The Safety Advocacy Award recognises an individual working actively to improve safety for their industry.
- Annastasia Denigan – Toll Group
- Charlotte Keenan – Laminex Australia
- Giselle Phillips – Fredon QLD
- Joanna Davies – Aurecon
- Kylie Andrew-Komar – Re.Group Pty Ltd
- Simone Hamill – Delcon Group
Woman of the Year – Proudly sponsored by Fulton Hogan
All finalists are eligible for the coveted “Woman of the Year” Award.
Source: Women in Industry
A team of women working on the construction of the UK’s M621 has been shortlisted for the Excellence in Leadership award.
The University of Newcastle launch a program to help women from migrant or refugee backgrounds who are interested in working in construction.