- Assist in preparing subcontract & materials inquiries and review subsequent quotations
- Build up an accurate cost estimate for the permanent works in an elemental and analytical format
- Assist in preparing an accurate cost estimate for the preliminaries resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed program & engineering requirements
- Check labor & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate balance with those derived from the tender program
- Assist in preparing & presenting the commercial aspects of the tender to Senior Management for adjudication and approval
- Assist in preparing the commercial tender for submission to the Client
- On acceptance of tender by Client check proposed contract reflects the inquiry documents and subsequent offer.
- Assist in preparing and presenting the commercial handover documents to the contract delivery team
- Liaise with construction teams to ensure output & resource data collected providing feedback for future tenders
- Main contractor or specialisms in Foundations, Basement construction, and or Piling works.
- An in-depth appreciation of engineering techniques, construction processes and their suitability to different applications
- Ability to assess site conditions from a physical inspection & interpretation of intrusive surveys & soils investigations
- Thru a team, the ability to be able to manage multiple tenders concurrently.
- a practical-minded hands-on approach coupled with excellent communication and people skills
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or construction related qualification
- Ability to live and work in Australia
Salary is based on © SEEK statistics and research, view their website here.
This job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/ New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for Junior Estimator
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.