Estimator Job Description
Estimators analyse project requirements to forecast the labour, time, costs, and materials to accomplish a project. They work in the building and construction industry and focus on large-scale projects such as construction sites. Estimators collaborate with project managers and clients to assist in the planning of projects.
Responsibilities of an Estimator:
- Prepare and deliver estimates and budgets, overall expenses, and auditing projects
- Negotiate and confirm rates and prices with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Understand the client and requirements in gathering information needed to calculate costs
- Conduct studies to ascertain the feasibility of projects before proceeding
- Monitor project budgets, keep track of forecasted costs, and liaise with project managers to discuss estimated vs. actual costs
- Develop detailed price lists for materials and processes used on a specific project
- Recommend plans for minimising costs, time, and resources
- Have a relevant tertiary education
- White Card to certify that you have completed the working safely on construction sites course
- Practice in quantification and familiar with standard methods of measurements and standard forms of contract
- Have a practical mind, hands-on-approach, and strong organisational skills
- The ability to communicate complex financial information clearly
- Provide accurate commercial advice to project managers, senior management team, and other project professionals
- Strong IT and mathematical skills, and strong attention to detail
- Generally, work closely with project managers
- Work in high-pressure environments to be able to deliver accurate information in assisting successful projects
- Work in teams with project professionals or estimators
- $80k – $100k per year in Australia
Salary is based on © SEEK statistics and research; view their website here.
This Estimator job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for an Estimator
Currently, there is a national skill shortage for Estimators in Australia. Register your CV here or search for our jobs if you are an Estimator and would like to be part of the infrastructure boom in Australia or New Zealand.
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.