Job Description Leading Hand
As the Leading Hand, you will be supervising a large infrastructure project. You will need the ability to work to timeframes and deadlines, a commitment to quality, effective problem-solving skills, safety, strong work ethic and effective communication skills.
- Supervision of all works completed onsite to ensure the required quality and productivity
- Coordinating tasks and ensuring adherence to safe work method statements and risk assessments
- Assisting with co-ordination, management and scheduling of particular activities to ensure that equipment and resources are efficiently utilised to meet production outcomes
- Liaise with clients, sub-contractors and internal team to achieve productive outcomes for the project
- Providing reports on works completed
- Resourcing plant and material for the works including programming the works.
Requirements for Leading Hand
- Extensive road construction experience and local spec knowledge is essential
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working as a Foreman/Leading Hand with a heavy emphasis on roads/civils
- Have the ability and experience to run direct and sub-contract labour teams safely and productively.
- Be practical-minded and work with hands-on approach coupled with excellent communication and people skills
- You must be able to communicate clearly, take & follow directions and be proactive in the workplace
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Basic computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
Average salary: $70k to $110k
Salary is based on © SEEK statistics and research, view their website here.
This Leading Hand job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/ New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for Leading Hand
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.