Welding Supervisor Job Description
As a Welding Supervisor, you would supervise the direct team and specialist sub-contractors to ensure work meets quality and time requirements and stays within planned milestones and budget, whilst at all times adhering to the companies safety policies and procedures.
- Coordinating and managing the team of welders from a Quality and Productivity point of view + specialist sub-contractors
- Follow all site safety requirements to ensure the safety and wellbeing management of all stakeholders
- Keeping the project resourced with plant and materials
- Monitoring and controlling all aspects of OH&S
- Providing reports on works completed
- Certification in either AS1796 (structural) or AS2214 (piping) is essential
- 5 years + experience in a supervisor position (ideally Marine construction & obviously welding experience)
- Ideally have come from a trade/tools background with extensive welding experience
- Good knowledge of welding & painting specifications on steel structures.
- Must have experience with working over water, piling and temporary work environment.
- Extensive commitment and understanding of all matters relating to health & safety and the environment
- Demonstrated experience in directing and managing your own labour force to achieve the desired outcome, keeping in mind commercial constraints
- Previous experience in self-performing works, with hands-on experience.
Average salary bracket: $90k – $110k
Salary is based on © SEEK statistics and research, view their website here.
This job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/ New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for Welding Supervisor
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.