PE (Project Engineer) – Civil Renewables Job Description
Project Engineers, often shortened to PE’s, within the civil renewable space has essentially the same requirements and expectations as a PE on any other project. They are just expected to know and specialise in civil engineering renewable energy projects such as constructing a wind or solar farm. In general, a PE plans, organise and oversee the civil engineering project, whether from the office or onsite.
- Technical problem solving of construction issues- the day to day site construction.
- Maintain project programme and develop monthly lookaheads using MS project.
- Budget/Cost tracking and forecasting.
- Coordination of site logistics, material delivery and resource allocation.
- Management of Construction delivery for your section of works- subcontractors and self-delivered works.
- Ensuring all site activities and operational delivery is performed in accordance with HSE legislation.
- Undertaking site inspections to ensure compliance with project specifications.
- Planning, scheduling, and budgeting for a section of works.
- Drafting and interpreting specifications, plans, drawings and designs.
- Quality Assurance of construction delivery.
- Have demonstrated experience in delivering civil construction projects; however, experience within civil renewables construction projects is preferred.
- Hold a relevant degree in civil engineering or similar.
- A practical-minded problem solver with excellent communication and people skills.
- A solutions-orientated attitude with a desire to progress in your chosen civil engineering profession.
- Proven compliance and safety record.
- Understanding and interpretation of technical specifications.
Average salary bracket: $110k to $140k
Salary is based on © SEEK statistics and research; view their website here.
This job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/ New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for PE (Project Engineer) – Civil Renewables
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
All renewable energy stakeholders and residents have until the 18th of Dec 2023 to provide feedback on NSW’s renewable energy transition.
EOI process opens for the Underground Works package as part of the $14.2b Borumba pumped hydro energy project in Sunshine Coast Hinterland.