Engineers Australia has released the Australian Engineering Vacancies Report – Trends in 2019.
This report shows trends in engineering employment in Australia through analysis of engineering vacancies data for 2019.
- Engineering vacancies are falling in the face of a weak Australian economy. While engineering vacancies have enjoyed an upward trend in Tasmania and Western Australia, all other states are experiencing a downward trend.
- New South Wales continues to advertise the highest number of engineering jobs in Australia, but the market has contracted by 21% in 2019. Victoria’s engineering vacancies market has also contracted by 14.7%.
- The Internet ads for engineering jobs fell by 9.2% in 2019, although there was a slight recovery towards the end of the year which might suggest a road to recovery. On average, 4,092 engineering jobs were advertised nationally in each month in that time.
- Civil engineers are in highest demand due to major infratsructure projects being awarded throught the East Coast of Australia.
- The data used in the report is based on the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business’ monthly Internet Vacancy Index, which draws on new advertisements on CareerOne, Seek and JobSearch.
You can download the full report by Engineers Australia here: Australian engineering vacancies report – Trends in 2019
Whether you’re looking for a Candidate to join your team on a temporary, permanent or contract basis, to manage a small project or a multi-million dollar one, we can help you find the best one to help you fulfil your business goals.
ConsultANZ specialises solely in the provision of Engineering and Management Services to the Civil Engineering and Construction Industry.
The Engineers Australia Migrant Work Placement program will help overseas-born engineers find renewable energy roles in Queensland.
Every Australian State and Territory has its own professional engineer process, each with different requirements and qualifications.