Environmental Advisor Job Description
As an Environmental Advisor in the civil engineering and construction sector, you will be required to analyse and advice on policies to guiding the design and construction of projects. Having a passion for the environment, implimenting sustainable practices and reducing waste will make this job more enjoyable for you.
- Monitor and manage operational activities regarding environmental requirements
- Responsibile for the daily delivery of the project’s environmental functions.
- Conducting environmental reviews, field inspections and site assessments.
- Incident investigations and reporting on environmental issues including root cause analysis and ICAM.
- Inductions, toolboxes and pre-start, JHA assessment and environmental training.
- Environmental reporting and ISO 14001 management and compliance.
- Developing and executing environmental strategies.
- Liaising with regulatory bodies.
- Assisting the HSEQ Manager.
- Ensure compliance with statuary requirements.
- Site inspections and auditing of operational activities against environmental permits;
- Assisting and working with the HSEQ Manager
- Dealing with high-level issues, giving guidance to operational management on environmental issues
- Tertiary Qualification -environmental science, soil science, engineering or equivalent.
- Strong attention to deatil.
- Previous demonstrated experience in the civil engineering industry in an environmental services type role.
- Some sustainability knowledge experience beneficial.
- Systems experience – reviewing existing, improving, developing, bedding down.
- A practical-minded hands-on approach coupled with excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to communitcate both written and verbally.
- Development experience will be highly regarded.
- CPESC certified – preferable.
Average salary: $90k-$150k
Salary is based on © Glassdoor 2008-2021, statistics and research, view their website here.
Job Opportunities for Environmental Advisor
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.