Environmental Advisor Job Description
An Environmental Advisor is responsible for providing guidance and expertise on environmental regulations and sustainability practices for projects and engineering-related companies. They assess potential environmental impacts, develop strategies for compliance, and offer recommendations to minimise environmental harm on projects.
- Conduct environmental impact assessments, reviews, field inspections and site assessments.
- Monitor, manage operational activities, and be responsible for the daily delivery of the project’s environmental functions
- Ensure that projects and operations comply with environmental laws, regulations, and permits
- Collaborate with clients, engineers, and other stakeholders to address environmental concerns and develop sustainable practices
- Conduct environmental audits to identify areas of improvement and assess compliance
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to environmental assessments, compliance, and initiatives
- Manage high-level issues and give guidance to operational management on environmental issues
- Have a bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, science, biology or any other related fields
- Strong understanding of environmental regulations, laws, and sustainability principles
- Experience in an environmental service role within the civil engineering industry
- Strong attention to detail and a practical-minded hands-on approach
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally
- Proficiency in conducting environmental research
- Strong analytical skills to assess environmental impacts and develop mitigation strategies
- Work schedules depend on project objectives
- Will have to face a lot of client interaction, as well as other industry engineering-related professionals, to provide solutions
- Work in both an indoor and outdoor environment
- Travel may be occasional depending on project location
- May often work irregular hours, especially when dealing with emergency situations
- $125k – $140k per year in Australia
This Environmental Advisor job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for an Environmental Advisor
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.