Monitoring Surveyor Job Description:
Their role is to monitor changes to project designs, assess effects on cost, and measures, values and negotiates variations to designs.
Monitoring surveyors are appointed to protect the interests of those parties who have a financial interest in a construction project but who have no direct involvement in the build process. Essentially they monitor the progress of the project and approve the drawdown of funds.
Usual Responsibilities for a Monitoring Surveyor:
- Measurement and Monitoring of lateral and vertical movement, settlement and shortening of structures
- Logging and reporting data gathered
- Pre-contract defining of project goals
- Support the feasibility process
- Review and progress the project budget
- Ensuring compliance at all stages
- Monitoring the quality of work being delivered
- Supporting senior team members on key major projects
- Assisting with construction claims and dispute resolution matters.
Monitoring Surveyor Requirements:
- A relevant qualification in Surveying
- Experience in surveying (Ideally monitoring) on construction projects
- Excellent communication skills, particularly with site personnel and Project Managers
- A good understanding and experience with modern survey instrumentation
- Strong relationship management, internally and externally
- Infrastructure and or construction project experience
- Highly effective planning, organising and problem-solving skills together with the ability to lead, motivate and influence others.
Average salary bracket: $70k to $120k
Salary is based on © here.PayScale statistics and research, view their website
This job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/ New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for Monitoring Surveyors
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Australia’s Work and Holiday 462 Visa Arrangement will open to Brazilian citizens from the 1st July 2022.
History of Surveying in Australia – We take a step back in time and look at what it was like to be a Surveyor in the early settlement of Queensland.