As the Quality Manager, you will have full responsibility for the Quality Management System on site. The position will typically report directly to the Project Manager of the project.
They ensure that the project products and outcomes meet the client and government specifications. If an item doesn’t meet quality standards, the Quality Manager must catch the mistake and correct it immediately. They will often make crucial decisions such as selecting low-cost but efficient, materials and finding the personnel to help oversee production.
Usual Responsibilities as a Quality Manager:
- Prepare and review processes and documentation including Quality, Inspection Test Plans, Checklists, Audit plans and Reports
- Conduct scheduled and random inspections of construction activities to ensure compliance with project specifications, system procedures, and relevant standards;
- Monitor the completion of projects relevant to the Quality Management Plans and IMS
- Close liaison with both the client and the project-based construction teams throughout the construction phase
- Assist with investigations and root cause analysis of non-conformances;
- Maintain up to date and accurate records of relevant documentation;
- Conduct and report on quality audits as required;
- Assist in developing construction methodologies to improve quality, safety, and efficiency.
Quality Manager Requirements:
- Degree qualified quality professional with experience in Civil, Construction, Concrete related projects.
- Knowledgeable in Legislation, Standards, and Codes of Practice related to the construction or civil industry
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Attention to detail is a must in order to catch product quality flaws
- Ability to engage with key internal and external stakeholders
Average salary bracket: $65k to $140k AUD
Salary is based on © here.PayScale statistics and research, view their website
This job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/ New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for Quality Manager
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Precast Operations Manager in New Zealand – Job description, job requirements, qualifications, benefits, available jobs through ConsultANZ