Safety Officer Job Description:
- Promoting a continuous improvement culture and implement best practice management systems in the workplace.
- Monitor daily site tasks and provide advice on risks and controls
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures, and regulatory and legislative requirements for Health and Safety.
- Ensure that OHS induction and training is provided to all employees and subcontractors,
- Manage Subcontractor H&S compliance
- Undertake audits to verify compliance.
- Investigate any injuries, incidents and near misses and recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Co-ordinate return to work activities.
Safety Officer Requirements:
- 5-10 years experience in the roads construction environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships internally as well as externally.
- Excellent skills in managing time, setting priorities, planning, communication and organising along with the ability to positively influence improved Health and Safety outcomes.
- ability to work on a FIFO/DIDO basis
- Degree, Diploma or similar and a current member of a relevant professional institution
- Lead Investigator qualification
- Safety Auditor
- First Aider
Safety Officer Benefits
- Competitive remuneration package