A new, innovative approach for the next stage of Australia’s biggest public transport project developed – the Sydney Metro West Partnership.
The contracting model has been developed due to industry feedback and lessons learnt from Sydney Metro City & Southwest and national and international projects. It aims to provide a more collaborative approach to construction and support a more sustainable construction industry.
The model will be further developed and refined with the market as part of the prequalification process commencing in January 2023.
The contracts currently being considered to form part of the Partnership are:
- Trains and signalling, which includes design, supply, testing and commissioning of the trains, the signalling and systems required to deliver driverless train operations.
- Stations Package West includes the delivery of underground stations at The Bays, Five Dock, Burwood North, North Strathfield and Westmead.
- The station component of each Integrated Station Development includes separate packages for Parramatta, Sydney Olympic Park, Pyrmont and Hunter Street.
- Operations and maintenance, which includes the provision of customer and operational services and maintenance for a 15-year operations term.
- Linewide includes the design, supply, testing and commissioning of all other rail and linewide systems.
The buildings above the new Sydney Metro West stations, and precincts around them, will be delivered under contracts with Sydney Metro, separate from the Sydney Metro West Partnership.
Procurement for the remaining Metro West packages started today, with the opening of the Registration of Interest.
Source: © Sydney Metro 2022
Image source: © Sydney Metro 2022
The NSW Government has completed a comprehensive and independent review into the Sydney Metro project, the Sydney Metro Review.
The community have been invited to provide feedback for the Coffs Harbour bypass project’s design and landscape plan.