BIM Engineer Job Description
A BIM Engineer plans, creates and manages digital 3D models for improved collaboration and project efficiency for civil engineering and construction projects. They ensure accurate information exchange and coordination among stakeholders throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain detailed 3D models of infrastructure using BIM software
- Collaborate with engineers, contractors, architects, and other stakeholders to ensure accurate information exchange
- Have a strong network connection with clients and other stakeholders
- Sustain and coordinate project deliveries tasks
- Detect and resolve clashes or conflicts in design elements
- Implement and maintain BIM standards, building codes, and protocols
- Create construction drawings, schedules, and project documents using BIM models
- Assist in estimating projects costs and quantities using BIM data
- Conduct quality checks on BIM models and update the BIM database
- Provide training and support to team members on BIM software and workflows throughout the project lifecycle
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering, Architecture or any other related fields
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Clear communication of technical concepts to non-experts with knowledge of Building Information Modelling
- Expertise in BIM software and tools such as Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, etc.
- Familiarity with project management within the construction industry
- Generally work in an office environment most of the time
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
- Work schedule will depend on project objectives
- Collaborative work with other professionals working on the projects
- $105k – $125k per year in Australia
This BIM Engineer job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a BIM Engineer
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.