Piling Site Engineer Job Description
A Piling Site Engineer is responsible for overseeing the installation of foundation piles at construction sites. They are also responsible for monitoring site safety, coordinating with construction teams, and addressing any technical challenges to ensure the structural integrity of a civil infrastructure project.
- Communicate with other engineers, foremen, and supervisors to ensure full understanding of the information provided
- Verify that pile installation aligns with engineering designs and drawings
- Enforce safety protocols and regulations to maintain a secure work environment
- Collaborate with construction teams, engineers, contractors, and other stakeholders of a project
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments as required
- Ensure that additional works and/or variations are notified for inclusion in the monthly valuations and provide comprehensive records
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary
- Ensure adherence to environmental regulations and minimise ecological impact during the piling process
- Ensure that proper records are kept and carefully filed
- Have experience surrounding piling and foundations or related background
- A good understanding and demonstrative experience of civil engineering
- Ability to work in a demanding environment in challenging conditions
- White Card essential
- Previous modern piling and foundation techniques including CFA, Bored and Driven
- Proficient with all engineering site paperwork
- Possess strong time management skills
- Have strong problem solving and effective communication skills
- Work schedules depend on project objectives
- Will have to face a lot of client interaction, as well as other industry engineering-related professionals, to provide solutions
- Typically spend a significant portion on-site regardless of weather conditions
- $75k – $100k per year in Australia
- $85k – $105k per year in New Zealand
This Piling Site Engineer job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Piling Site Engineer
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.