Job Description for a Land Surveyor
As a Land Surveyor, you would be required to surveying subdivisions both residential and commercial, you will be reporting directly to the survey manager, while working closely with other surveyors and survey assistants. The role would usualy require a mix of both office and in the field work.
- Perform site surveys/survey functions
- Measuring distances, directions, and angles to determine, locate and define boundaries and maintain the cadastre
- Produce reports for clients and management
- Creating maps, plans, models and charts
- Setting out control points
- Assisting/managing junior surveyors/technicians
- Assists in the procurement of packages
- Liaising with engineers, sub-contractors, clients and other on-site personnel
- Reading and interpreting CAD drawings
- Calculations of heights, volumes, and contours
- Potentially need to assist less experienced colleagues
- Liaise with other onsite personnel such as engineers and supervisors
- Using GPS, Robotic Total Stations (Theodolites), aerial and terrestrial scanners, and computer software.
- Tertiary qualification in Land Surveying or equivalent
- A firm understanding of providing survey functions for civil works
- 5+ years post-grad experience
- Demonstrative knowledge of software programs
- Ability to use Trimble/Leica EDM’s or similar
- Effective communication skills
- Experience using CAD or 12D software
- Exceptional communicative skills
Average salary: $85k to $120k
Salary is based on © SEEK statistics and research, view their website here.
Job Opportunities for Land Surveyor
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.