Land Surveyor Job Description
As a Land Surveyor, you would be required to surveying subdivisions both residential and commercial, you will be reporting directly to the survey manager, while working closely with other surveyors and survey assistants. The role would usualy require a mix of both office and in the field work.
- Measure distances, directions, and angles to determine, locate and define boundaries and maintain the cadastre
- Produce reports for clients and management
- Create maps, plans, models and charts
- Perform site surveys/survey functions
- Assist in the procurement of packages
- Liaise with engineers, sub-contractors, clients and other on-site personnel
- Read and interpret CAD drawings
- Liaise with other onsite personnel such as engineers and supervisors
- Use GPS, Robotic Total Stations (Theodolites), aerial and terrestrial scanners, and computer software.
- Tertiary qualification in Land Surveying or equivalent
- Have a firm understanding of providing survey functions for civil works
- Demonstrative knowledge of software programs
- Ability to use Trimble/Leica EDM’s or similar
- Have effective communication skills – written and verbal
- Experience using CAD or 12D software
- Travel may be required to worksites
- Work in both an indoor and outdoor environment
- Work in varying weather conditions
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
- Collaborative work with other professionals working on the projects
- $85k to $120k per year in Australia
This Land Surveyor job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Land Surveyor
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.