Drainage Manager Job Description
A drainage manager oversees the planning and maintenance of drainage systems, coordinating projects to prevent flooding and optimise infrastructure in urban or industrial areas.
- Coordinate projects to prevent flooding and manage water flow
- Lead and mentor a team including supervisors, engineers, and other staff
- Collaborate with stakeholders and maintain strong client relationships
- Prepare and manage commercial reports, budgets and cost-control measures for projects
- Enforce adherence to industry standards
- Conduct inspections and maintenance of drainage facilities
- Ensure compliance with regulations and environmental standards
- Identify project risks and develop strategies to manage them efficiently and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Construction Management or any other related field
- Proven experience in project management (stormwater and sewer) and client management
- Effective communication and client management skills
- Proficiency in project management software and tools
- Exceptional organisational and decision-making skills
- Travel will be required to worksites
- Work in an office and on-site environment
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
- Work schedules tend to vary depending on project needs
- Safety equipment must be worn on-site
- A lot of collaborative work with other professionals working on the project
- $100k – $120k per year in Australia
- $110k – $130k per year in New Zealand
This Drainage Manager job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Drainage Manager
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Survey Assistant job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Topographic Surveyor job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.