Divisional Manager (Civils) Job Description
A Divisional Manager (Civils) holds a senior executive position that oversees the operations of a division within a civil engineering company. They are generally responsible for managing the budget, staff, and resources of the division. Also, ensuring that projects are completed on time and to the required quality standards.
- Manage the division’s budget and financial performance, including budgeting, forecasting, and monitoring expenditures
- Develop and implement strategies for the division to achieve company goals, including identifying new business opportunities and ensuring that projects are aligned with the company’s overall strategy
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and standards, as well as company policies and procedures
- Oversee the design, planning, and execution of projects, including managing project schedules, budgets, and resources
- Communicate with clients, stakeholders, and other professionals
- Provide updates on project progress and address any concerns or issues that arise or may arise during a project
- Tertiary qualification in civil engineering or similar field
- Proven leadership qualities
- Have demonstrated full accountability for all commercial, financial, leadership and operational aspects of the company
- Previous experience managing multiple projects and running the financial/commercial side of projects
- A practical-minded hands-on approach coupled with excellent communication and people skills.
- Strong analytics, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Typically work in an office environment with occasional visits on-site
- Domestic or international travel may be required depending on the nature of the project
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
- Generally a high-stress and challenging position
- $130k – $180k per year in Australia
- $130k – $180k per year in New Zealand
This Civils Divisional Manager job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Civils Divisional Manager
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.