Construction Manager Job Description
Construction Managers oversee and coordinate all aspects of a civil infrastructure project. This includes planning, budgeting, and scheduling on-site supervision to ensure that the project is completed efficiently, safely and within budget.
- Develop comprehensive project plans, including budgets, resource allocation, and schedules
- Provide on-site supervision to ensure work progresses according to plans, standards, and safety regulations
- Lead a team of Project Managers, Project Engineers, and other construction-related professionals
- Manage and plan all aspects of projects including health and safety, commercial and contractual aspects
- Enforce quality control processes to ensure that work meets specific standards and specifications
- Maintain strong client relationships by keeping them informed
- Relevant qualifications in Civil Engineering, or any other related fields
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Good at problem-solving and performs well in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to form strong relationships with clients, contractors, stakeholders and other engineering-related professionals
- Work in an indoor and outdoor environment
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
- Work schedules depend on the project objectives
- Occasional travel is required to meet with clients and visit sites
- Can be a high-stress role
- Collaborative work with other professionals working on the projects
- $165k – $185k per year in Australia
- $180k – $200k per year in New Zealand
This Construction Manager job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Construction Manager
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.