Environmental Engineer Job Description
Environmental Engineers are professionals who develop solutions related to air pollution, recycling, water disposal, and public health and solve problems for sustainable development. Their general duties include collecting samples and data related to the environment, performing assessments, and designing systems for environmental challenges.
- Plan, develop and implement processes to improve industrial operations
- Inspect and ensure that compliance with environmental regulations is met by construction companies and projects
- Consult with large corporations to advise on the effects projects and construction can have on the environment and public safety
- Advise companies, organisations and Governments on the best methods to reduce contamination
- Design technological systems and equipment to control and mitigate waste and pollution
- Evaluate current systems to provide innovative ways to improve existing systems
- Use pollution control technology to plan and implement ways to protect environmental sites
- Apply engineering knowledge to protect the environment during industrial operations
- Develop guidelines for the disposal of dangerous/hazardous equipment/material
- Bachelor of Environmental Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering (Civils) or other relevant fields
- Must hold a WHS White Card to certify that you have completed the working safely on construction sites course
- A practical-minded hands-on approach coupled with excellent communication and people skills
- Driver’s license strongly recommended to travel between different work sites
- Bonus – Register with professional engineering associations (Engineers Australia or Institution of Mechanical Engineers) to grow your connections and enhance your credibility
- Travel may be required to different worksites
- Generally, work in all weather conditions
- Protective clothing is worn, such as overalls, gloves, masks, and safety glasses to minimize the risk of exposure to chemicals and pollutants
- Work in several environments such as the office, laboratory, construction sites, mines, polluted environments, and other facilities
- $95k – $115k per year in Australia
- $94k – $120k per year in New Zealand
This Environmental Engineer job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for Environmental Engineers
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.