Executive Assistant Job Description
An executive assistant provides comprehensive administrative support to high-level executives, including managing schedules, coordinating meetings and travel, and handling correspondence. They often act as a gatekeeper, filtering incoming requests and prioritising tasks to maximise the executive’s productivity and efficiency.
- Manage the Manager’s daily diary and scheduling appointments, meetings, and site visits
- Monitor and report the Manager’s email and respond on their behalf when necessary
- Answer phone calls and redirect them to the appropriate personnel when necessary
- Organise travel arrangements and itineraries for the Manager and other staff members
- Plan and organise meetings, including booking venues, arranging catering, and preparing agendas and materials
- Take notes and write meeting notes during meetings
- Provide technical assistance and support to other staff members
- Exceptional computer literacy skills and proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Impeccable time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong organisational skills and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, with a focus on quality control and assurance
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Generally work independently with minimal supervision most of the time
- $80k – $100k per year in Australia
- $70k – $90k per year in New Zealand
This Executive Assistant job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for an Executive Assistant
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.