Jobs in Australia for recent engineering graduates


australia, consultanz, engineering graduate, graduate, recruiter, recruitment, skilled recognized visa 476,


If you have recently graduated from an Australian university

If you are about to graduate or have recently graduated from an Australian university, you might want to consider enrolling into a graduate program for Civil Engineers with some of the biggest companies in Australia and New Zealand.

Every year Australia’s top engineering and construction companies look for talented and ambitious Graduates to join their teams.

If you are on overseas qualified Engineering Graduate looking to work in Australia

If you have gained your engineering degree outside of Australia, you might still be able to get some work experience Down Under if you qualify for the Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa 476.

What is the skilled recognized graduate visa (subclass 476)?

The Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa is a visa that allows recent engineering graduates from recognized institutions and eligible universities to get up to 18 months of skilled work experience.

The visa gives you the right to work in Australia and be eligible for permanent residency or provisional skilled visa.

To apply for a Skilled Recognized Visa:

1. you must have an engineering qualification from a recognized institution (completed in the last two years)
2. be under 31 years of age
3. have a good knowledge of English.

As a Graduate, your qualification must contain a major in:

• civil engineering
• structural engineering
• chemical engineering
• environmental engineering
• electrical and electronics engineering
• mechanical, production and plant engineering
• mining and material engineering.

The Washington Accord

Any institution offering engineering qualification under the Washington Accord is a recognized institution.

The Washington Accord is an international agreement amongst bodies responsible for accrediting engineering degree programmes.

Other recognized institutions are:

• Catholic University of Argentina

• Federal University of Minas Gerais

• Universidad Catolica del Norte Catholic University of Chile
• University of Chile
• University of Concepcion

• HUT, Helsinki

• RWTH, Aachen
• Technical University of Berlin
• Technical University of Clausthal
• TU Bergakademie Freiberg
• University of Hannover

• University of Miskolc

• Anna University of Chennai
• Baranas Hindu University Varanasi
• Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
• Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
• Indian School of Mines Dhanbad

• Amir Kabir University of Technology
• University of Tehran

People’s Republic of China
• Beijing Normal University
• Beijing Petroleum University
• Beijing University of Chemical Technology
• Beijing University of Technology (formerly Beijing Polytechnic University)
• China University of Mining andTechnology Beijing
• Guangzhou University
• Shanghai University of Engineering Science
• Shanghai Jiaotong University
• Tongji University
• Tsinghua University
• University of Science and Technology Beijing

• University of the Philippines

• Wroclaw University of Technology

• TU Kosice

• Lulea University of Technology

• University of Dar es Salaam

If you are a Civil Engineer, a Construction Professional or a Surveyor who would like to be part of the infrastructure boom in Australia or New Zealand, register your CV here or search our jobs.

ConsultANZ Recruitment  –  We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects. 

^ Back to top