ITS Supervisor Job Description
ITS Supervisors oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of Intelligent Transportation Systems of a project. They generally lead a team of engineers and technicians to ensure the successful deployment of ITS technologies to optimise transportation systems’ safety, efficiency, and reliability.
- Develop and implement maintenance programs for ITS infrastructure
- Coordinate with external stakeholders and internal teams to conduct feasibility studies, gather project requirements and develop project scopes
- Supervise and guide a team of engineers and technicians involved in the ITS department.
- Oversee the installation, integration, and operation of ITs infrastructure
- Stay updated with emerging technologies, and best practices in the field of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Identify risks, monitor project progress, and implement corrective actions as necessary to ensure successful project delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, or electrical engineering or a relevant field
- Have experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining ITS systems
- Have the ability and experience to run direct and sub-contract labour teams safely and efficiently
- Solid focus on health and safety, quality and giving clients the best possible result
- Be practical-minded and work with a hands-on approach coupled with excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to guide a team with strong leadership and management skills
- Project management skills, including planning, risk management, resource allocation, and budget control
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of ITS technologies, such as traffic management systems, signal control systems, surveillance systems and communication network
- Typically work in an office environment with occasional visits on-site
- Safety equipment must be worn during the on-site construction site
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
- Manage multiple projects at the same time
- Typically require a lot of communication among stakeholders, engineers, estimators, technicians, government agencies, etc.
- $110k – $120k per year in Australia
- $105k – $125k per year in New Zealand
This ITS Supervisor job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for an ITS Supervisor
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.