Mechatronics Engineer Job Description
Mechatronics Engineers develop smart machines that help process information and make effective user decisions. They are involved in designing, testing and manufacturing systems and machines using electrical and mechanical systems, computer science, product engineering and robotics. Products developed by Mechatronics Engineers perform tasks automatically or learn behaviours based on user preferences.
- Design, maintain, develop and manage high-tech engineering systems to automate industrial tasks. This includes systems such as aircraft, robots, mining, cameras, motor vehicles, chemical plant machinery and power generators
- Develop solutions to issues regarding mechanical and electronic processes
- Design, build, and implement equipment modification to improve safety and reliability and recommend changes following prototype test results
- Conduct studies into the feasibility, costs, and performance benefits of mechatronic equipment
- Develop mechanical, electronic, and computer processes for tasks that may be dangerous for humans
- Conduct modelling, simulation, and analysis of engineering systems
- Relevant tertiary qualifications with a major in either mechatronics or robotics
- Have extensive knowledge in physics, mathematics, and mechanical equipment, including robotic and production equipment
- A technical individual with the ability to be creative and problem solve
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work in teams for projects
- Ability to research risks and impacts from projects being conducted
- Maintain optimal standards across all projects and follow all federal, state, local and industry guidelines
- Work in a range of locations – engineering companies, laboratories, technology businesses, and processing facilities
- Particularly employed across emerging fields such as bioengineering, robotics, and nanotechnology
- Can also be employed across industries such as mining, manufacturing, defence
- Generally, work more to complete tasks by deadlines or when a project is nearing an end
Career Development/Employment Opportunities
- Opportunity to move into more traditional engineering disciplines
- Management positions such as Project Management
- $80k – $100k per year in Australia
Salary is based on © SEEK statistics and research; view their website here.
This Mechatronics Engineer job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Mechatronics Engineer
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.