Pavement Engineer Job Description
Pavement Engineers are responsible for designing, maintaining, and reviewing pavement systems, ensuring their durability, safety, and performance. They oversee the construction processes to ensure proper material placements, quality control, and compaction for transportation surfaces.
- Select suitable pavement materials such as asphalt, concrete, aggregates, etc.
- Perform structural analysis to ensure pavement durability
- Incorporate sustainable practices and assess environmental impacts
- Design pavements with consideration to the climate, traffic, soil, and load capacity,
- Conduct tests and inspections for material quality and placement
- Develop pavement management plans and strategies
- Assess existing pavements and recommend repairs, estimate project costs
- Document design plans, construction, and maintenance records
- Ensure pavements meet safety standards and regulations
- Communicate with clients, contractors, other Engineers, and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or any other related qualifications
- Proficiency in engineering software for pavement design and analysis, such as AutoCAD, Pavement LCA, ArgGIS, and others
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to form strong relationships with a variety of people
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Work on a variety of projects such as road construction, parking lots, airport runways, and several more
- Use a range of software tools for design analysis and project management
- Collaborative work with other professionals working on the projects
- Work schedules depend on project objectives
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
- Generally work both in an indoor and outdoor environment
- $77k – $97k per year in Australia
This Pavement job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Pavement Engineer
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.