Project Engineer Job Description
A Project Engineer manages and coordinates various aspects of a construction project, from planning to execution. They generally collaborate with teams, monitor progress, and ensure quality and budget compliance for successful project delivery.
- Manage various concurrent projects; both large and small, planning and programming of works including resourcing of the projects for plant and labour resource
- Enforce adherence to health and safety regulations, and promote a safe work environment for crews on site
- Work closely with other professionals such as engineers, contractors, subcontractors, and stakeholders
- Coordinate the procurement of materials, equipment, and resources needed for project execution
- Interpret different architectural and engineering drawings to estimate the total costs and form a budget
- Identify potential risks and challenges during the project lifecycle and develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans when required
- Undertake site inspections to ensure compliance with project specifications
- Responsible for supervision of works and sub-contractors
- Assist with cost tracking and financial reporting on your section of works
- Hold a degree in an engineering-related field or other relevant qualifications
- A good understanding and demonstrative experience of general civil engineering and technical elements.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Previous work history with an established Civil Engineering/Asphalting/Surfacing Company.
- Understand the different pavement types, standard surfacing and asphalting practices, including supervision of laying, quantifying and ordering of materials, testing and monitoring of quality.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Work on different construction projects at the same time
- Occasional travel between sites
- Shifts vary depending on the project requirements or when nearing a project
- May need to work in varying weather conditions
- $120k – $140k per year in Australia
This Project Engineer job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Project Engineer
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.