Project Surveyor Job Description
Project Surveyors coordinate survey fieldwork for various standard types of surveys. They can train personnel in all different aspects of field and office surveying practices. Project Surveyors have comprehensive knowledge of field supplies management, using computer-aided design programs, and be familiar with Australian/New Zealand regulations.
- Train personnel in various field and office surveying practices
- Establish and maintain a survey control network
- Interpret drawings and verification of design data
- Supervise less experienced surveyors
- Use microcomputer operating systems and computer equipment
- Liaising with engineers, project managers, clients, public and government agencies, and other key stakeholders
- Tertiary qualification in civil engineering, surveying, spatial science, or other relevant qualifications
- Experience in a similar role working on infrastructure projects.
- Previous experience managing other surveyors
- A driver’s license is recommended to travel between work sites
- Experience with 12-d and 12-d Field software.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Leica or Trimble equipment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must hold a WHS White Card to certify that you have completed the working safely on construction sites course
- Work in an office or on-site environment (either on construction sites or landfills)
- Safety equipment must be worn during the on-site construction phase
- Ability to lift and move equipment and other objects weighing up to 34kg
This Project Surveyor job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for Project Surveyors
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.