Safety Advisor Job Description
A safety advisor in engineering is responsible for ensuring compliance with safety regulations and standards throughout the project lifecycle. They conduct risk assessments, implement safety measures, and provide training to engineering staff to create a safe working environment for all involved.
- Ensure compliance with procedures and legislative and regulatory requirements for health and safety
- Organise and conduct safety training sessions and workshops for engineering staff and contractors
- Perform regular site inspections to assess safety performance and identify potential hazards
- Identify and correct hazards or potential hazards by inspecting safety equipment, machinery and facilities of construction sites
- Investigate any incidents and injuries
- Recommend effective and appropriate corrective actions
- Promote and implement best practice management systems and safety in the workplace
- Develop and implement emergency response plans to address potential accidents or incidents that may arise during construction projects
- Relevant qualifications in Civil Engineering, occupational health and safety, or any related field
- Understand the safety regulations, codes, and industry standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Identify potential safety risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Promote a safe working culture
- Attention to detail in safety assessments, reporting, and documentation
- Work both on-site and in an office environment depending on when construction projects take place
- Occasional travel between construction sites
- Work depends on the project requirements or when nearing a project
- $120k – $140k per year in Australia
- $90k – $150k per year in New Zealand
This Safety Advisor job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Safety Advisor
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.