Tig Welder Job Description
A TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) Welder is a professional that specialises in TIG welding, which is a precise process that uses a non-consumable tungsten electrode and inert gas to join metals. They generally work across a range of industries, such as engineering, automotive, aerospace, as well as manufacturing.
- Conduct inspections to assess materials and equipment and verify that required standards are met
- Perform welding operations using tig techniques to join metal components according to drawings and specifications
- Set up welding equipment and have the ability to ensure they are in good working conditions
- Monitor and control the welding process
- Collaborate and work efficiently with team members
- Follow safety guidelines to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Report equipment malfunctions or maintenance requirements
- Trade qualification or proven work experience in welding
- Ability to handle various metals and alloys
- Positive and hard work ethic
- Ability to take directions and be a team player
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, and welding symbols
- Knowledge of welding equipment setup and troubleshooting
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Potentially work in a noisy environment
- Potential exposure to welding fumes, heat, bright light
- Must wear safety equipment at all times
- Working conditions vary depending on the specific industry and company they work for
- $60k – $80k per year in Australia
- $60k – $80k per year in New Zealand
This Tig Welder job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a TIG Welder
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Surveyor job description, salary, requirements, qualifications and job opportunities in Australia and New Zealand.
Mine Surveyor job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand through ConsultANZ.