Civil Estimator Job Description
Civil Estimators work closely with the management team to prepare and deliver estimates, budgets, and costs for a civil engineer project. These projects include constructing, designing, and maintaining infrastructure, including railways, roads, subdivisions, airports, bridges, buildings, sewer systems, dams and tunnels.
- Calculate costs, estimate timelines, interpret plans, regulations and codes of practice
- liaise with clients, stakeholders, and Governments
- Work closely with surveyors, construction managers, architects and other engineering professionals to plan and develop a solid budget for construction projects
- Write reports to determine financial costs for labour, materials, budgets, and what contractors/subcontractors should use for the construction project
- Use software to calculate costs, check quotes and submit tenders
- Deliver final estimates of budgets and cost plans
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction-related qualifications or other qualified estimation certificates
- Must hold a WHS White Card to certify that you have completed the working safely on construction sites course
- Ability to assess site conditions from physical inspections and interpret surveys and investigations
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong analytical skills to provide accurate estimates of projects
- Experience in using computer/estimating software such as ‘Expert’ to analyse data
- Work is either based in an office or at a construction site
- Safety equipment must be worn when working on-site
- Tight deadlines are expected when working on a tender
Career Development Opportunities
- Opportunity to continue training to become a quantity surveyor
- Progress into a senior role such as a Contracts Manager or Construction Manager
- $125k – $145k per year in Australia
This Civil Estimator job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Civil Estimator
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.