Construction Project Manager Job Description
Construction Project Managers specialise in the planning, management and execution stages of projects. This includes booking surveyors and technical personnel, hiring and ordering special equipment and materials, checking plans, and managing the operational program, budgets, and workers.
- Manage the progress of projects and conduct reviews of reports for clients and stakeholders
- Consult with other engineering professionals, architects, and other essential professionals part of the project
- Design risk mitigation plans and submit/review project tenders
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing documentation for construction projects
- Coordinate labour resources, procurement, and the delivery of materials and equipment for construction projects
- Arrange building inspections
- Ensure adherence to building legislation and standards of performance, quality, safety, and costs
- Interpret drawings and specifications involved with construction projects
- Negotiate with building owners, subcontractors, and property developers involved in the project to ensure all reach deadlines and stay within the budget of the projects
- 5+ years of experience in project management within the construction industry
- Strong leadership, communication, budgeting, and organisational skills
- Must be able to delegate comfortably
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, building construction, construction management, architecture, or any other relevant qualifications
- Be able to lead projects from conception through to completion
- Manage factors including scope, timelines, integrations, quality, human resources, risk, procurement and communications for each project
- Work both on-site and in an office environment
- $125k – $145k per year in Australia
- $100k – $130k per year in New Zealand
This Construction Project Manager job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Construction Project Manager
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.