Engineer Job Description
Engineers specialise in various subjects, including technology, structures, data systems, and machines. They are professionals who invent, design, build, maintain and study a range of machines, systems, products, and structures. Engineers are also responsible for adhering to their employer’s specifications for construction timelines and budgets.
- Plan and supervise construction, maintain and inspect anything related to construction, software, and electrical systems
- Plan operations and select mining sites for safe, efficient, and environmentally sound extraction of minerals, natural gas, ores, or petroleum.
- Assist in coordinating, planning, and executing engineering projects
- Ensure that all engineering equipment, tools, and machinery are properly stored and kept in good condition
- Design experiments, consult, conduct research, write technical reports, present, lead projects, calculate project specifications, review safety documents
- Implement audit recommendations, and provide support in developing management and energy conservation programs
- Hold a relevant degree in civil engineering or similar
- A solutions-orientated attitude with strong mathematical and science traits
- A practical-minded hands-on approach coupled with excellent communication and people skills
- A strong understanding and demonstrative experience of heavy civil engineering and technical elements
- White card to certify that you have completed the working safely on construction sites course
- Driver’s license preferred but not necessary
- $95k – $115k per year in Australia
- Visit worksites occasionally when a problem or piece of equipment/machinery needs personal attention
- Work both on-site and in an office environment
Job Opportunities for an Engineer
Currently, there is a national skill shortage for Engineers in Australia and New Zealand. If you are an Engineer and would like to be part of the infrastructure boom in Australia or New Zealand, register your CV here or search for our jobs.
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.