Diesel Mechanic Job Description
A diesel mechanic is a professional who specialises in inspecting, repairing, and maintaining diesel engines and related systems. Diesel mechanics have expertise in diagnosing and resolving mechanical and electrical issues in a variety of diesel-powered vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain, repair and service of diesel vehicles, engines, trailers, and other equipment in line with relevant transport legislation and standards
- Run and analyse diagnostic tests on vehicle engines
- Use specialised tools and diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot complex problems and make accurate repairs.
- Stay updated with industry trends, technological advancements, and manufacturer recommendations for diesel engines and equipment.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, coworkers, and clients to provide updates on repair progress or any potential issues.
- Analyse drawings to determine the specifications of the components to be constructed.
- Measure parts to ascertain the extent of the damage and wear and tear and then repair or replace the parts.
- Collaborate with other mechanics and technicians to ensure efficient workflow and timely completion of projects.
- Commitment to quality workmanship and workplace safety
- High attention to detail and display a positive & self-motivated attitude
- Good management skills and has the ability to work with minimal supervision and work in a team environment
- Reliable and has good communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engine repair techniques, tools, and diagnostic equipment
- Proficient in reading and interpreting technical manuals, diagrams, and schematics
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity to handle physical tasks, including lifting heavy equipment and working in tight spaces
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- May be exposed to loud noises, vibrations, and fumes from diesel engines
- Will require the use of protective gear most times
- Lifting, standing, and working in tight and awkward spaces is generally required
- Collaborate and frequent communication between mechanics and technicians
- $85k – $105k per year in Australia
This Diesel Mechanic job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Diesel Mechanic
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.