Engineering Surveyor Job Description
As an Engineering Surveyor, the scope of works will be varied, and will see you working on bulk earthworks, roads, pipelines, drainage, and more. You will work with the construction team and help manage surveying requirements on projects.
- Conduct surveys using various surveying instruments, such as total stations, GPS receivers, laser scanners, and levels
- Establish and verify control points to ensure accuracy in survey measurements
- Collect, analyse, and interpret survey data, including terrain, boundaries, structures, and other relevant information
- Prepare detailed survey reports, maps, and drawings using computer-aided design (CAD) software and other relevant tools
- Collaborate with other Engineering Professionals to provide accurate survey information for project planning and design phases
- Monitor construction activities to ensure compliance with project plans, specifications, and relevant regulations
- Conduct as-built surveys to verify construction adherence to the original design
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on survey-related matters to project teams
- Stay updated with advancements in surveying technology and industry best practices
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a safe working environment during surveying activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying, Geomatics, Civil Engineering, or a related field
- Proficiency in using surveying equipment and software, such as total stations, GPS receivers, and CAD programs
- Self-starter & able to work autonomously
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of land surveying techniques, legal principles, and relevant regulations
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain high levels of accuracy
- Effective communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and organisational abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Work in varying weather conditions
- Travel may be required to worksites
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
- Work schedule will depend on project objectives
- Collaborative work with other professionals working on the projects
- $85k – $120k per year in Australia
This Engineering Surveyor job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for an Engineering Surveyor
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.