Graduate Surveyor Job Description
Graduate Surveyors are trained in spatial measurement and data analysis, specialising in mapping and assessing land and property. They use precise surveying equipment to conduct surveys, take measurements, analyse data, and prepare maps for valuable insights for construction.
- Assist in conducting field surveys using surveying equipment such as total stations, GPS devices, laser scanners, and more
- Collect, record and process survey data to create accurate and comprehensive maps, charts, and reports
- Assist in calculations to determine property boundaries, elevation levels, and other spatial measurements
- Collaborate with senior surveyors and other surveying engineering professionals
- Assist in collecting, analysing, and managing geographic data
- Assist in creating maps, plans, models and charts for infrastructure projects
- Adhere to safety protocols while conducting surveys in various environmental conditions
- Utilise software tools for data processing and visualisation to ensure the accuracy and quality of survey results
- Qualifications in Surveying, Civil Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of surveying principles, techniques, and equipment operation.
- Proficiency in surveying software and tools, such as AutoCAD, GIS, and data processing software.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to interpret survey data and address spatial challenges.
- Effective communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good understanding of modern survey instrumentation
- Work in varying weather conditions
- Collaborative work with other professionals working on the projects
- Travel may be required to worksites
- Can be physically demanding as it involves carrying equipment and standing/walking
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
- $95k – $115k per year in Australia
- $80k – $110k per year in New Zealand
This Graduate Surveyor job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Graduate Surveyor
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.