Pavement Design Engineer Job Description
A Pavement Design Engineer is generally responsible for developing and optimising structural and functional aspects of road and pavement systems. Their duties are to create durable, safe, and cost-effective pavement designs that can withstand traffic loads and environmental conditions.
- Estimate the cost associated with the different pavement design options
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders to determine project briefs
- Research and design new ideas for products and systems
- Ensure that designs are functional, safe and compliant
- Present designs and demonstrations for client approval
- Technical problem-solving of construction issues
- Use specialised software to simulate pavement behaviour under different conditions
- Work closely with Engineers, urban planners, government agencies, contractors, and other stakeholders to coordinate pavement projects
- Analyse traffic loads, soil characteristics, and environmental factors to determine thickness and composition of pavement layers
- Previous experience in a design role, with on-site experience and exposure to pavements advantageous
- High level expertise in the evaluation of 12-d and DWG files to assess designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to form strong relationships with a variety of people
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Confident public speaker requiring the organisation and delivery of presentations
- Ideally pavement/asphalt design experience for roads or airport projects
- Previous experience with clients on projects for inspections or consultancy background preferred
- A solutions-orientated attitude
- Work on a variety of projects such as road construction, parking lots, airport runways, and several more
- Use a range of software tools for design analysis and project management
- Collaborative work with other professionals working on the projects
- Work schedules depend on project objectives
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
- Generally work both in an indoor and outdoor environment
- $100k to $120k per year in Australia.
This Pavement Design Engineer job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Pavement Design Engineer
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.