Pavement Design Engineer Job Description
The role as pavement Design Engineer will include a variety of duties with exposure to estimation, design of pavements and the opportunity to gain some site-based experience.
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders to determine project brief
- Researching and designing new ideas for products and systems
- Ensuring designs are functional, safe and compliant
- Presenting designs and demonstrations for client approval
- Technical problem solving of construction issues
- Develop paving plans
- Relevant qualifications and 3+ years relevant experience
- Previous experience in a design role, with on-site experience and exposure to pavements advantageous
- High level expertise in the evaluation of 12-d and DWG files to assess designs
- An understanding of MS Project and and P6
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to form strong relationships with a variety of people
- Confident public speaker requiring the organisation and delivery of presentations
- Ideally pavement/asphalt design experience for roads or airport projects
- Previous experience with clients on projects for inspections or consultancy background preferred
- A solutions-orientated attitude with a desire to progress in your career
- Basic knowledge of of relevant Occupational Health and Safety Act, regulations and legislation as applied to the civil industry
Average salary: $80k to $120k
Salary is based on © 2021 Seek statistics and research, view their website here.
This Pavement Design Engineer job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/ New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for Pavement Design Engineer
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.