Piling Engineer Job Description
Piling Engineers are specialised civil engineers who design, analyse and supervise the construction of deep foundations. Their general duties include designing and specifying piling foundations based on geotechnical data, preparing technical drawings, calculations for piling construction, and many more.
Piling Engineers work closely with contractors, supervisors and project managers to ensure that foundation systems are safe and efficient.
- Raise, review and close out non-conformance reports
- Produce and maintain method statements, risk assessments and ITPs
- Analyse soil and site conditions to determine the appropriate type of foundations required
- Design and specify pile foundations based on geotechnical data and load requirements
- Prepare technical drawings, calculations, and specifications required for piling construction
- Ensure design information is used and checked in accordance with Quality Procedures and industry standards
- Carry out and complete lift plans
- Conduct quality control inspections to ensure the integrity of piling foundations
- Work closely with the Construction Supervisor to ensure safe working is planned and executed well
- Degree in Civil Engineering or any other related fields
- Hands-on, pragmatic approach, with strong interpersonal and communication abilities
- Have practical expertise with contemporary piling methods including Rotary Bored, CFA, Driven, Diaphragm wall, and Secant Wall.
- Experience delivering technically difficult projects (related to foundation, piling, and structures) through on-site management of construction activities.
- Complete practical understanding of the building of reinforced concrete, including familiarity with rebar drawings, bending schedules, temporary works schemes, formwork systems, and the placement of concrete
- Driver’s license strongly recommended to travel between different work sites
- Bonus – Register with professional engineering associations (Engineers Australia or Institution of Mechanical Engineers) to grow your connections and enhance your credibility
- Travel will be required to worksites
- Safety equipment must be worn during the on-site construction phase
- Work in an office environment and on construction sites
- $70k – $135k per year in Australia
This Piling Engineer job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for Piling Engineers
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.