Procurement Director Job Description
A procurement director is responsible for overseeing the strategic planning and execution of an organization’s procurement activities. They lead negotiations, manage contracts, and optimize cost-effective procurement strategies.
- Lead and oversee the procurement strategies and operations for our high-profile projects
- Monitor market trends and identify cost-saving opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with international suppliers and stakeholders
- Lead negotiations and manage contracts with suppliers
- Optimise cost-effective procurement strategies
- Collaborate with engineering teams to meet project requirements
- Utilise procurement software for efficient processes
- Budgetary responsibility and financial decision-making
- Proven experience in Civil, Rail, Electrical Engineering, or any other related fields
- Extensive procurement management experience
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- Ability to collaborate with engineering teams and stakeholders internationally
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing and mentoring a procurement team.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to implement innovative procurement strategies
- Work in high-pressure situations during negotiations and contract finalisation
- Collaborative work with cross-functional teams, vendors, and stakeholders
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
- Generally work both in an indoor and outdoor environment
- $200k per year in Australia
This Procurement Director job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Procurement Director
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Survey Assistant job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Topographic Surveyor job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.