Technical Sales Representative Job Description
A Technical Sales Representative acts as a liaison between suppliers/manufacturers of civil engineering-related products and the clients of the industry. They provide technical expertise, product information, and solutions to clients, aiming to match project requirements with the appropriate products while building strong relationships.
- Present to consulting engineers and asset owners the relevant civil engineering products
- Build long-lasting business relationships with new asset owners relevant to the product as well as current stakeholders, and ensure their technical and operational needs are met
- Assess technical drawings and specifications associated with stakeholders’ projects, and assist with the tenders and quotations for both long and short-term supply contracts
- Negotiate and implement contracts with relevant stakeholders
- Provide expert advice on pavements/roads and the geosynthetic solutions being sold relevant to the specific customer and project needs
- Update knowledge of market conditions, goods and services
- Monitor the clients’ changing needs and report developments to sales management
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, business or any other related qualifications
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to build long-term relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Beneficial to have a valid and full clean driving license
- Confident sales ability and the ability to gain commitment from stakeholders
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Occasional travel may be required to visit projects
- Work schedules depend on project objectives
- Will have to face a lot of client interaction, as well as other industry engineering-related professionals, to provide solutions
- Can be a high-stress occupation
- Work in both an indoor and outdoor environment
- $70k to $110k per year in Australia
- $85k to $105k per year in New Zealand
This Technical Sales Representative job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Technical Sales Representative
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Surveyor job description, salary, requirements, qualifications and job opportunities in Australia and New Zealand.
Mine Surveyor job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand through ConsultANZ.