Commercial Manager Job Description
A Commercial Manager is responsible for managing the financial and contractual aspects of a civil engineering and construction project. Their duties is to oversee budgeting, cost control, procurement, contract negotiations and maintain client relationships. This is to ensure that the project is delivered within financial parameters and contractual obligations.
- Maintain registers of variations and claims, delays, instructions, etc.
- Manage, develop and oversee the implementation of financial and commercial strategies
- Put together claims and variations and provide notices where necessary
- Conduct financial analysis to identify potential cost-saving opportunities and forecast future project expenses
- Preparation of all monthly management accounts and quarterly re-forecasts
- Identify financial and contractual risks, develop risk mitigation, and implement contingency plans and strategies
- Report and provide general commercial support to others
- Ensure compliance with all procurement policies and procedures
- Maintain effective communication with stakeholders to ensure contract compliance
- Relevant qualifications in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management, or any other related fields
- Must have a minimum of 10+ years of experience in the civil construction industry
- Ability to negotiate with clients, suppliers, subcontractors, and other professionals to manage project costs and contractual matters
- Have experience working with D&C or PPP contracts is preferred
- Good at problem-solving and performs well in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to form strong relationships with clients, contractors, stakeholders and other engineering-related professionals
- $175k – $195k per year in Australia
- $135k – $155k per year in New Zealand
This Commercial Manager job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Commercial Manager
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.