Planning Director Job Description
A Planning Director is responsible for overseeing the strategic development and execution of projects. Their general duties are to coordinate and manage project timelines, regulatory compliance, and resources and ensure that construction projects are efficiently planned out.
- Develop and monitor project budgets, ensuring that financial resources are allocated efficiently
- Develop and implement long-term engineering strategies aligned with the company’s goals and objectives
- Coordinate with engineers, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment across the project lifecycle
- Lead and oversee the planning, execution, and monitoring of engineering projects from concept to completion
- Supervise and mentor staff throughout the project
- Manage project risks and implement mitigation strategies as needed
- Allocate resources effectively to meet project demands and timelines
- Monitor and report on KPIs, making data-driven decisions to improve performance
- Qualifications in Civil Engineering, or any other related field
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Have experience in mega projects worth over $1 billion
- Proficiency in Primavera P6 or other project management software and tools
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of engineering principles, project management methodologies, and industry best practices
- Ability to form strong relationships with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders involved in the project
- Work in an indoor and outdoor environment
- Safety equipment is required to be worn at all times when on-site
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
- Work schedules depend on the project objectives
- Collaborative work with other professionals working on the projects
- $160k – $180k per year in Australia
- $130k – $150k per year in New Zealand
This Planning Director job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Planning Director
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.