Process Engineer Job Description
Process Engineers design, optimise and oversee manufacturing or industrial processes to ensure efficiency, quality, and safety. They are employed in a broad range of industries such as oil, petroleum, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, gas and minerals. Process Engineers analyse production methods and implement improvements to streamline operations and enhance productivity.
- Assist in the development of cost estimates, budgets and project schedules throughout the project lifecycle, and monitor those continually.
- Inspect plant to ensure compliance with specifications and optimal performance
- Design methods, machines, and equipment to process raw materials into finished products
- Conduct regular operations audits, present findings, analyse work processes and make recommendations to improve and strengthen the existing system.
- Technically review and evaluate proposals from external stakeholders such as suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Ensure the safe, environment-friendly design and operation of manufacturing processes
- Establish standards and policies for testing, quality control, inspection, quality assurance and maintenance
- Work closely with other Process Engineers, Engineers, contractors, and other stakeholders to coordinate engineering projects
- Prepare and present mass and energy balances, process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) and process flow diagrams (PFDs).
- Qualifications in Civil Engineering (Chemicals), or any other related field
- Proficient in using engineering software such as UniSim, AFT Fathom, Phast, and HYSYS
- Have experience in a project lifecycle from concept design through to commissioning and plant operation
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to form strong relationships with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders involved in the project
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
- Work schedules depend on the project objectives
- Collaborative work with other professionals working on the projects
- Generally work in an indoor and outdoor environment
This Process Engineer job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Process Engineer
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.