Project Manager Job Description
Overall, you will be controlling all aspects of the projects including health and safety, commercial & contractual aspects, quality and environment.
Project Manager responsibilities:
- Plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the successful completion of projects
- Health and Safety/ Quality/ environmental measures
- Commercial & contractual aspects, report on costs
- Development and management overall programming of the works,
- Staffing and management of the team to meet project objectives.
- Manage all the aspects of a Civil Construction project such as the procurement process, coordinate with subcontractors
- Liaise with your site team and drive the program to an effective and successful conclusion
- You will handle the correspondence of the relevant stakeholders including the client, consultants, and internal staff.
- Relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction.
- Previous Project Management experience in civil construction (delivering projects valued at $20m+) through on-site supervision and management of construction activities
- A proactive and solutions-orientated attitude.
- A comprehensive understanding and demonstrated experience of modern civil construction techniques relating general civil engineering involving earthworks, pavements, Utilities & services, & drainage works.
- Must have high attention to detail in ensuring the Quality, Health & Safety and Environment plans are implemented and followed to the highest of standard.
- Previous team management experience with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- A good understanding and demonstrative experience of civil engineering.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment in challenging conditions
Average salary: $130k to $190k
Salary is based on © SEEK statistics and research, view their website here.
This job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/ New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for Project Manager (NZ)
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Technical Project Manager in New Zealand – Job description, job requirements, qualifications, benefits, available jobs through ConsultANZ