Site Engineer Job Description
Site Engineers oversee the on-site activities for projects, manage construction operations, and ensure that plans and specifications are accurately implemented. They are responsible for coordinating with the team, resolving technical issues, and monitoring progress to ensure successful project execution.
- Supervise day-to-day construction activities to ensure they align with quality standards and project plans
- Maintain communication with contractors, subcontractors, suppliers to build relationships
- Implement quality control processes, conduct inspections
- Ensure all work conducted meet regulations and industry standards
- Monitor and report on the progress of construction activities
- Assist with cost tracking and financial reporting on the selection of works
- Complete and maintain detailed records of construction activities, budgets, materials and any changes made to project plans
- Assist in tracking project expenditures to help manage costs and avoid budget overruns
- Qualifications in Civil Engineering or any other related field
- A practical-minded hands-on approach coupled with excellent communication and people skills
- Have a good understanding and demonstrative experience of civil engineering construction techniques
- Ability to form strong relationships with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Work in an indoor and outdoor environment
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
- Work schedules depend on the project objectives
- Collaborative work with other professionals working on the projects
- Safety equipment is required to be worn at all times when on-site
- $85k to $110k per year in Australia
- $90k to $105k per year in New Zealand
This Site Engineer job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Site Engineer
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.