Sub Agent Job Description
A Sub Agent is typically responsible for small-value construction sites and assists Project Managers on larger civil infrastructure projects. Sub Agents handle specific parts of a project such as tracking project progress, maintaining standards of health and safety, and maintaining communication between project groups involved.
- Assist the main Project Manager/Site Agent in overseeing specific project components
- Coordinate and manage subcontractors’ activities on the construction site
- Produce, manage and supervise on the delivery of projects
- Understand and interpret drawings and specifications
- Maintain accurate documentation of project activities such as progress reports and quality control records
- Ensure that records of resources and documents are complete and accurate
- Collaborate with Engineers, designers, contractors and other stakeholders
- Implement health, safety, and environmental standards on construction sites
- Assist and perform site inspections to verify work quality and adherence to engineering standards
- Provide technical support and guidance to subcontractors to ensure work meets required standards
- Manage material procurements and ensure timely delivery to support construction activities
- Maximise project value to drive out projects costs and challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction, or any other related qualifications
- Strong understanding of civil engineering principles, construction methods, and project planning
- Proficiency in project management tools, techniques, and software
- A clean full driver’s license is preferred
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Attention to detail and organisation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with health, safety, and environmental regulations in construction
- Knowledge of safety regulations and best practices in the construction industry
- Work schedules will depend on project objectives
- Often work in different weather conditions such as heat, cold or rain
- Frequent visits to construction sites
- Work closely with engineers, project managers, and subcontractors
- Can be physically demanding, as long hours of walking, standing, or climbing may be required
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
£42,500 – £84,500 per year in the UK
This Sub Agent job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Sub Agent
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.