To manage South Australia’s COVID recovery response, an additional 24 Engineering occupations will be open to applicants currently residing offshore from Tuesday 2 November 2021.
South Australian state nomination occupations which will be open to offshore clients on Tuesday 2 November 2021
133211 Engineering Manager
233111 Chemical Engineer
233112 Materials Engineer
233211 Civil Engineer
233212 Geotechnical Engineer
233213 Quantity Surveyor
233214 Structural Engineer
233215 Transport Engineer
233311 Electrical Engineer
233411 Electronics Engineer
233511 Industrial Engineer
233512 Mechanical Engineer
233513 Production or Plant Engineer
233611 Mining Engineer (excluding Petroleum)
233912 Agricultural Engineer
233913 Biomedical Engineer
233915 Environmental Engineer
233999 Engineering Professionals nec
312211 Civil Engineering Draftsperson
312212 Civil Engineering Technician
312311 Electrical Engineering Draftsperson
312312 Electrical Engineering Technician
312511 Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson
312512 Mechanical Engineering Technician
The minimum requirements for state nomination for these occupations include:
- You must have at least eight years work experience in the nominated or closely related occupation
- You must demonstrate a Superior English level, unless you hold an eligible passport from a country where the primary language is English (the United Kingdom, the United States of America, New Zealand, Ireland and Canada)
- You must score at least 85 points for the Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491) in the Department of Home Affairs’ points test.
Full requirements for each occupation will be shown on South Australia’s Skilled Occupation List from 10am, ACST, Tuesday 2 November 2021.
For South Australian state nomination, prospective applicants must meet the Department of Home Affairs requirements, state-specific occupation requirements and have skills in an occupation that is available on our Skilled Occupation List. Offshore applicants meeting the minimum published requirements can lodge a Registration of Interest (RoI) from 10am, ACST, Tuesday 2 November 2021.
Full details of South Australia’s state nomination requirements can be viewed here.
Please note that state nomination is a competitive process. There is no guarantee of receiving an invitation to apply for state nomination after lodging an RoI, even if the minimum requirements are satisfied. South Australia cannot indicate the likelihood of invitation or answer enquiries on this matter.
Skilled Migrants seeking a state nomination for a subclass 491 or 190 visa will need to:
- Review South Australia’s Skilled Occupation List to ensure your occupation is available for state nomination and you meet the specific requirements for your occupation.
- Review all requirements associated with your chosen visa pathway. Please refer to:
Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)
- Review any supporting information that you may need to consider prior to applying.
- Prepare all required documentation ready for your application. Please refer to the State Nomination Document Checklist for further information.
- If applying for Talent & Innovators program, you will need to submit an Expression of Interest application to Skilled & Business Migration.
Source: Department for Innovation and Skills, the Government of South Australia, >>Engineering occupations to open to offshore applicants <<, Sourced on 10.11.21
The major migration update for Australia is accelerating the process of accepting visas, allowing visa holders to travel to Australia and making up lost time due to border closures.
‘Straight to residence,’ ‘Work to residence,’ and ‘Highly Paid’ categories will give migrants a higher chance to work, live, and gain residency in New Zealand.