About CPB Contractors
CPB Contractors was originally founded in 1949, but the name CPB Contractors was only launched in January 2016 following a merger of the CIMIC Group construction businesses of Leighton Contractors and Thiess Construction.
The company operates in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, India and Papua New Guinea and is involved in the construction of roads, rail, tunnels, defence, buildings and resource infrastructure.
Transmission Gully – New Zealand
The $850 million Transmission Gully motorway is the first roading project to be delivered through as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) by Wellington Gateway Partnership in partnership with the New Zealand government.
The 27km four-lane motorway includes 29 bridges and is expected to open in 2020. The project is very complex with steep terrain requiring large-scale earthworks.
25 new structures equating to a total length of more than a kilometre will be constructed along the route. The largest of these, the Cannons Creek Bridge, will stretch 230 metres in length and sit 60 metres above the valley floor.
Source: NZ Transport Agency
Metro Tunnel – Australia, Victoria
CPB Contractors is the principal contractor for the $11 billion Metro Tunnel Project in the state of Victoria.
The completion of this project is expected in 2026 with CPB Contractors responsible for delivering:
- all site construction services, including civil works
- as well as leading the design, supply, installation, testing, integration and commissioning activities for train and power control systems, operational control systems, and conventional and high capacity signalling on the new Sunbury to Cranbourne/Pakenham line.
West Gate Tunnel – Australia, Victoria
Together with John Holland (50:50 joint venture), CPB Contractors has been selected by Transurban and the State Government of Victoria to deliver the West Gate Tunnel project.
The project is one of the largest road projects in Victoria’s history, delivering an alternative to the West Gate Bridge.
Construction works include:
- widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- a new bridge over the Maribyrnong River;
- an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne, CityLink and the city’s north,
- and new cycling and pedestrian paths.
Sydney Metro – Australia, New South Wales
CPB Contractors, as part of the JV with UGL, has been awarded $1.376 billion contract to deliver Sydney Metro – expected to be completed in 2024.
The project is Australia’s largest public transport project and will see the metro expand into the CBD and Bankstown.
The package awarded to the Joint Venture will include:
• 31 kilometres of underground railway track to be laid in the twin railway tunnels from Chatswood to Sydenham
• 31 kilometres of overhead power equipment and 11 new substations to power the metro from Chatswood to Bankstown
• Installation of over 350 kilometres of high-voltage, low-voltage and tunnel service cabling
• Connecting the railway tracks from the end of Sydney Metro at Chatswood to the new tracks into the city
• The expansion of the Sydney Metro Trains Facility at Rouse Hill to accommodate 37 new trains for Sydney Metro City & Southwest
• The construction of the Sydney Metro Trains Facility – South at Marrickville
• Installation of tunnel equipment such as ventilation, drainage and emergency evacuation and monitoring equipment as well as the fit out of the tunnel ventilation and high-voltage equipment in the seven new underground stations
Logan Motorway Enhancement Project – Australia, Queensland
CBP Contractors were named the preferred contractor for both design and construction of the $521 million project from Transurban Group.
The Logan Enhancement Project involves widening sections of the Logan and Gateway Extension motorways, including improving key congestion hot spots (Logan Motorway/Beaudesert Road/Mt Lindesay Highway interchange and the Logan Motorway/Wembley Road interchange) and constructing new south-facing on and off-ramps on the Gateway Extension Motorway at Compton Road.
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Transgrid has selected ACCIONA and GenusPlus Group Ltd (JV), and UGL and CPB Contractors (JV) to deliver the transmission project HumeLink.
Works for the New Fitzroy River Bridge have been completed and will open on 10 December 2023, over six months ahead of schedule.