Community Engagement Officer Job Description
A Community Engagement Officer is responsible for the relationship between a company and the community it serves. Their main goal is to engage with the community to ensure that their company projects are in line with the needs and values of the public. Community Engagement Officers typically have strong leadership and management skills.
- Support the implementation of the Community Engagement Plan and work with project engineers to ensure communications are ready and projects avoid delays
- Identify relevant community impacts from the delivery of our services and work with internal teams to mitigate these where possible
- Maintain up-to-date information regarding the status of enquiries in the customer database
- Respond promptly to complaints and customer enquiries
- Ask the right questions of internal staff to understand how services are delivered
- Translate technical information into clear and concise responses
- Provide regular updates to community stakeholders on project progress and address concerns as they arise
- Have a qualified degree related to communications, journalism, public relations or any other relevant fields
- Experience in a community engagement, stakeholder management or communication role
- Ability to prepare high-quality responses to customer feedback, ministerial and media enquiries
- Have transport and/or construction exposure
- Have strong interpersonal and communication abilities
- Liaise with clients and other engineering professionals
- Travel may be required to worksites
- Mainly work in an office environment
- Extra hours may be required when nearing the completion of a project
- Generally a high-stress and challenging position
- Work schedules tend to vary depending on project needs
- $90k – $120k per year in Australia
This Community Engagement Officer job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Community Engagement Officer
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.