Contracts Administrator Job description
A Contracts Administrator is responsible for managing, reviewing, and overseeing all contractual agreements and documentation in relation to a civil infrastructure project. They manage multiple subcontractors to ensure that the project stays within budget, issue purchase orders, reporting of variations, approval of invoices and produces progress claims.
- Manage project controls – cost control and project forecasting
- Resolve critical issues throughout the project life-cycle
- Ensure compliance with all procurement policies and procedures
- Manage and prepare scope changes
- Report and provide general commercial support
- Manage contract administration, head contract and subcontracts (progress claims, variations, EOT’s invoicing in project/ contract delivery )
- Maintain registers of variations and claims, delays, and instructions, and use this information to build formal claims
- Monthly Reporting – internal and head contract
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Tertiary qualification in quantity surveying, contract administration or similar
- Able to manage very complex situations and problem-solving
- Ability to multitask, work in a team environment and work independently
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills
- Previous experience with a reputable main contractor
- Experience using software such as JDE, SAP, and MS Office Suite
- Work schedules depend on project objectives
- Can be a high-stress occupation
- Work primarily in an office environment but may also require occasional site visits or meetings at construction project locations
- Relies heavily on computer and software for contract management
- $110k to $150k per year in Australia
This Contract Administrator job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for Contracts Administrator
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.